Thursday, January 7, 2010

Growing Pains

Just because people don't comment,doesn't mean they don't read. This blog is not for entertainment,but a way for me to express my thoughts and maybe relate to someone else. I'm struggling right now. For those who don't know,I'm on a walk with Christ. This is the hardest battle of my life. I love God,wholeheartedly,but my flesh is weak. Sexual impurity is getting the best of me and I am in what I feel is the battle of my life. When people hear the word sexual they automatically think of the physical act. In all actuality,the emotional and mental aspect are equal. Refraining from sex does not save you from sexual impurity but rather controlling the lustful thoughts. Loneliness is an example. Loneliness forces you to engage in things u don't need which lead to the act. Intimate conversations;having company that u have no business keeping.Listening to music that you know is gonna turn you on. When I first began my journey,I tried my hardest to find a way to hold on to my old habits. As I get closer to God,I realize that I have to choose what is most important.It isn't easy,but the ultimate prize is worth it. I can not sacrifice that which cost me nothing...but it hurts like hell. I can honestly say that I see a change in myself. I don't like the same things I used to.lust as much as I used to..and I'm not lonely. The void that God fills is like no other but its hard because as I grow, so many spaces are empty..because I had to let go of certain things,people. Its painful.I've had growing pains,but none like these. If anyone is having the same issues, I know where you're coming from,and there's nothing to be ashamed of.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment